Saturday, February 19, 2011

Manchild #5

As a young man, I had aspirations toward being a comic nerd, but once Marvel started releasing a thirty-issue-a-month story arc, financial constraints left comics by the wayside. Cue a decade or so passing and Razorcake coming into my life. Through that quarterly bid of awesomeness I started becoming a Ben Snakepit devotee. I'm pretty sure that it must have been Chunklet that got me into Brian Walsby and his Manchild series. Walsby is based out of one of my favorite towns, that being Raleigh, North Carolina. He's a great artist, used to play drums in Scared Straight and currently plays in a great band called Double Negative. As a punk rock dude about NC for some years now, you should be unsurprised that Walsby is down heavy with C.O.C. As such, Manchild #5 covers the history of Corrosion Of Conformity. As per per usual, it is simply awesome and you should go out of your way to snap it up with the quickness.

Here's a link to Walsby's blog, where you can keep up with his day-to-day and fill out all the gaps in your Manchild collection. Go there now.

R

No comments: