Monday, August 2, 2010

The Stupendous Adventures of Marco Polo!

Marco Polo has been maximizing his Stateside potential, dropping his Port Authority and Newport Authority mix cds, as well as collabos with Torae and Rustee Juxx on Duck Down. All four are must-owns for anyone who enjoys real hip-hop. It's kind of baffling that it takes a guy from Toronto to bring it to US ears, but release number five for Marco Polo is yet another great comp.

The Stupendous Adventures Of Marco Polo collects a bunch of material that fell by the wayside from other projects due to deadlines ands whatnot, combined with some rare MP remix stuff. Great tracks from a bunch of new artists like Skyzoo and Red Clay rub shoulders with old head favorites like Large Professor and Grand Daddy I.U. Even Skoob from Das EFX weighs in with a great track here. Can't say I saw that eventuality transpiring when I picked this up, but you're not going to catch me arguing either. I don't want to have to track that Rick Ross record down until I get really desperate. In the meantime, join me in avoiding that eventuality and grab a copy of The Stupendous Adventures Of Marco Polo here and look for Marco Polo on the road worldwide, repping for real hip-hop.

R

No comments: