Saturday, July 3, 2010

Christina Wagner - Goldentone demo

As you may have gleaned from a previous post, Ms. Wagner was both a tour and bandmate of Austin Lucas on his most recent batch of dates. She and Austin were selling a tour cd package with both of the demos on separate cd-rs for the econo price of $10, so I snapped one up. I had missed both of her opening slots on the AL dates, but was pretty impressed with her pipes and plucking with Brad and Austin. And of course, I had to have the new AL demos, so it was a win for Team Wagner from the jump.

It was good for me, too. Wagner hails from Orlando, but plies her trade in a early Patti Griffin/Nora O'Connor vein. She doesn't sound markedly like either of them, but I'd say there is a shared aesthetic sensibility and the closing Once In A While is a track a lot of people would like to have in their set. I'm not sure how much she gets out of FL, but these four songs would be enough to get me off the couch if she came back. See what you think via her web presence.

R

No comments: