Saturday, February 7, 2009

Nobunny - Love Visions

For my money, there are extremely few instances when costumery should be indulged in on the rock stage. Off the top of my head, I will argue that the following get a pass:

GWAR
Slipknot (and by proxy, Mushroomhead)
Ogre, when and if he's playing with Puppy

That said, if you are a not-especially-good recording project that seems to be riding the cred that The Ramones and The Cramps gained by showing their love for 50s and 60s music, and you are wearing a fucking rabbit head while you're doing it, it's pretty obvious that you are using the mask to hide your association with the project. If I had recorded this crap, I would hide my identity too. If you are 14, or maybe have grown out of your Reggie and the Full Effect records, maybe you'll like Love Visions. If not, I can't see any reason to listen to this ridiculousness.

R

No comments: