Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Twilight Sad - Killed My Parents And Hit The Road

The Twilight Sad hail from the sunny, rainless land of Scotland. Glasgow, I believe. I saw them play on the final Aerogramme tour and made a mental note to check their records out, then Andrew at Skyscraper sent me a copy of Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters a week or so later. I was pretty taken with it. Of course, I got into them mere days after they finished a residency three blocks from my house, but my god is a cruel god. Imagine Teenage Fanclub crossed with Aerogramme and you've got a nice start. The hooks are there, just mildly obfuscated with some errant noisy parts.

Killed My Parents And Hit The Road is a limited release The Twilight Sad put together to defray the costs of their (assumably) current European tour with Mogwai. That's a pretty decent double bill that needs to go Stateside pronto. The CD is only available on tour or from selected indie shops, but it's well worth checking out. There are a handful of live tracks from Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters, plus live covers of Joy Division and The Smiths (and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs for those that prefer their bands shitty and/or fleeting). It's well worth the import from Fat Cat, even if the dollar is weak. Pick up Killed My Parents And Hit The Road here from Fat Cat and keep tabs on our Glaswegian friends here. Slainte!

R

No comments: