Wednesday, November 26, 2008

D.I.T.C - The Movement

I'm always surprised that D.I.T.C isn't a more successful crew. The death of Big L certainly took some wind out of their sails (and sales) and while Fat Joe has definitely taken it to the next level, he could rep the set that brought him up a little more. That said, true bad boys move in silence, and it's not like Show, Buckwild or Lord Finesse haven't been producing a gang of successful tracks in between crew releases.

The Movement features contributions from the aforementioned producers as well as their usual MC pool of A.G., O.C., Party Arty and D-Flow. I would have liked to have heard Finesse behind the mike, but his collabo with the mightiest MC out there, Mr. Joell Ortiz makes for an intriguing guest appearance on Air Y'all, as do the Boss Money tracks. The Movement is a good record. I really don't hear a single here, although Shine My Way comes damn close for Party Arty. I suspect it's not really an issue, as D.I.T.C are self-releasing and have a pretty rabid album-buying fanbase here and abroad. I don't think that anything here is going to propel The Movement to do huge numbers, but buy it here and spread the word. Support independent hip-hop!

R
the eighteenth letter

No comments: