Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Ergs - Hindsight Is 20/20, My Friend vol 1

Man, just when I was beginning to think something was happening around these parts, the whole thing starts going down the shitter. Hunchback announced their break-up today, it looks like Short Attention's days might be numbered, and perhaps the saddest of all, the Ergs are calling it a day.

Hindsight Is 20/20, My Friend is a collection of b-sides and comp tracks that was in the works well before the gents announced that they were hanging it up. As a comp of an active band, it's great, but as a posthumous epitaph it's really kind of depressing. Not because it sucks, but because they were great and they were local. I saw them a handful of times and always had a great time. I still hope to see one of their last shows, but am glad that I didn't try to see the D4 show last week, as I hear the stage collapsed four songs in. I'm not sure how it went from collapsing during The Ergs set to supporting the sultans of svelte that are Dillinger 4, but things in Brooklyn work in strange and mysterious ways.

But I digress. So there's a gang of great stuff on Hindsight: stuff from the Lemuria split, stuff from that mp3 they released on 3.5 diskette, the 3 EyesEP stuff and a gang of others that are better than your shitty band's best stuff. Pick up Hindsight Is 20/20, My Friend from Ken at Dirtnap here. Check out the Ergs web presence here for word on their final shows and start counting the days before the reunion shows.

R

No comments: